Sunday, May 27, 2007

The night of the stars

Hello out there,

I had been lying low quite lately trying to figure out some solutions to my personal problems. But, of course I am not here to talk about problems. It is boring and depressing. I am here to talk about the night of the stars where everyone was partying and “jollying”. I must say, when I was sitted over there I silently made a quick reflection in my head and realised how close we had become attached to each other. I felt like the workshop could start all over again. Guys, you been a great and inspiring company. I cannot exchange the opportunity of being with you for the whole five weeks for anything. What I want to say guys is that, given the fact that you’re in the process of building your careers, have you thought about the feeling of landing your dream job? Well, the Armchair Critic has solution for you.
For example, one might ask you a question like- what is the very first thing you will do if you had all the money in the world? Is it buying a yatch? Taking an overseas holiday? Or doing the very thing that your heart had been aching for? Why not build your career based on those innate emotions -like working in a shipping industry, or travel industry for starters. I think it will bring you closer to your dream. Remember a human being is always in process of growth, evolution and expansion,(i.e. human being = human becoming)…
Cheerio…

5 comments:

Valentin said...

Themba, I feel exactly the same way as you describe. It is really hard not to see the same people every day as we used to.
With regards to the "dream job", yes, I believe it is possible. If you remember, most of our speakers said that we should be the creators of our own jobs, we should create the jobs that we want.
I am interested to know something. What would be the first job that you think you would like to have immediately? What is the first thing that comes through your mind?

mbuso said...

I see that you are a developmentalist as I am. Developmentalists believe in human progress and vertical/progressive change. Thus human life is framed within the cycle of birth, growth and death. But what you are saying is: What do we do between birth and death? Part of what we do is work and fulfill our aspirations! What a great opinion Themba.

Susan Arthur said...

Thanks Themba for a great quote- the human being is a human becoming.
Watch out for a few spelling errors in your post.
Hope to see you soon... I think this time between WOW and finding our dream jobs is tricky for all of us!

themba nyauza said...

Hi, VALENTIN
I think the first job that comes to my mind is definitely journalism. I like the looseness that the profession exudes. I also like the pressure of deadlines for i know that from my gruelling academic assignments.As for what i would do if i had all the money in the world, i would definitely invest in the media industry like Rupert Mudorch(Australian-born,US-based media mogul).This, i think will give me enomours power to shape public opinion.

Ijeoma Uche-Okeke said...

Themba,
I haven't seen you in quite a while. Good to 'see' you on-line.I do hope you have made some in-roads into sorting out your personal problems. Take it one-day-at-a-time and talk to people. You never know where your source of help can come from. We believe that a problem shared is a problem solved in Nigeria. No man is an island. So speak out man!!