Monday, April 16, 2007

Passion in the small world of Themba

The word “passion” conjures up images of something burning relentlessly like the oil fields of the Godforsaken Iraq. It is a thing that burns with such force that trying stifling it amounts to almost ending life itself. For Themba, passion is putting my thoughts on paper (writing). There is something about the written word that I find captivating and amazing. The beauty of a well written poem, a captivating newspaper article or even an absorbing novel that lets my emotions reach unimaginable heights, is what keeps that feeling glued to writing. I will like to see myself somewhere in the media industry, probably doing some writing and research. This is because I believe media is at the nerve centre of any Nations public debate. I think, therefore, that being employed in the Media industry will put me at the convergence of cutting –edge ideas and theorising. There are very interesting debates in the Media that caught my attention in the passed few months. What comes readily to mind is the succession debate that the ruling party is grappling with at the moment and, of course the sad situation in Zimbabwe.

3 comments:

Ijeoma Uche-Okeke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ijeoma Uche-Okeke said...

Themba!! I like the flow of words in your profile, particularly the part that talks about how important family is in the formation of a person's character, the first point of entry. Nice!

Lesley said...

Hi Themba

I really enjoyed this blog entry. It promises that there will be more interesting posts from you. I sense your writing flair and I'm looking forward to reading more.

So explain what your thoughts are about how the media is dealing with the succession debate?

Lesley